The Knight Press

CTE Tardies

%0AIn+order+to+prevent+being+tardy%2C+some+students+choose+to+ride+the+bus+to+get+to+the+CTE+Center.+

In order to prevent being tardy, some students choose to ride the bus to get to the CTE Center.

The Career and Technical Education Center, also known as the CTE Center, helps students explore their ideal careers before going to college.

Students can either take the bus or drive their own car from their home campus to get to the CTE Center, but they are still required to arrive on time.

Students who drive their own car, feel as if they should receive some type of sympathy since they are traveling from multiple locations.

“I was having to speed literally over the speed limit to the CTE Center and I was late one day and they didn’t accept that,” senior Holly Nipp said.  

“They told me I need to be on time, which is really hard ‘cause it’s just impossible, because I’m trying to be a good driver. ‘Cause I rather get a tardy than a speeding ticket,” junior McKenna Foster said.

The CTE Center staff say it’s easier for students to take the bus, rather than driving themselves, especially to prevent getting a tardy.

“You know, we recommend that students take the bus when you know you have the chance of being tardy or late. Because no matter what time they come here [on the bus], they will not be counted tardy,” CTE Assistant Principal Travis Volk said.

Even though taking the bus is just an option, it’s recommended for students to avoid receiving tardies.